Tuesday, 6 August 2013

slideshow!


              This summer is flying by and is almost to an end. I have been to the Edmonton mall a few times now, a rodeo, jasper national park and even to the falls here in White Court!  And since so much has gone on recently I decided to put some of my extra and old photos in a slideshow posted online. I will have the link to the slideshow in the bottom of this blog post.  In this slide show I have pictures of the Edmonton mall and the huge pirate ship inside of the mall. I have some more photos of the rodeo I went to a few weeks ago. There are some old and new photos of me inspecting culverts and even one with me at a new culvert made this year that I got the chance to see get put in from scratch. There is a funny picture in the slide show of a white board with different stick people with names doing different things these stick people are some of the people I work with and the white board has been growing through the summer so far with all the different people I get the pleasure to work with, see if you can find me in the picture. There are some new photos of when I went to Hard Luck Falls this past weekend, it’s a relaxing hike up to the top of the canyon where you get an amazing view and even can go down some stairs to the bottom of the falls. I have some good photos of logs piles and different things I find out in my adventures like the tipi in the slideshow it’s located down one of our roads and made me turn my head twice when driving down the road because I wasn’t expecting anything like that. A few photos I really enjoyed taking are some the different equipment used for logging in our current time, the different equipment is a grapple skidder used for picking up the logs after they have been dropped and delimed.  The other equipment is a delimer and a feller buncher both of these machines is used hand and hand to get the trees ready for the skidder. The feller buncher drops the trees down on the ground by a giant circler saw and grabs the trees with giant claws so when the trees is cut from its base so it can move the tree around and place the tree where is needed to be in a nice neat pile. The delimer does just what it sounds like it picks up the trees and runs it through its giant drums and tears off the branches and even cuts them up to the right length. Some of the other photos I have are of some the maps I make up and cool things I see throughout my day.  Hopefully you enjoy the slideshow I still have some extra photos that haven’t been posted yet if I get enough likes with this video I know I should make another slideshow at the end of the summer. But till next time keeping having a good summer!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment