Thursday, 6 June 2013
Working with contractors
These past few weeks I have been given the responsibilities
to flag out the disposition along one the main roads Miller Western has in its
FMA. This is a project that has taken lots of time and accuracy to make sure I keep
between each of the boundaries of the disposition. The first week of layout I was running the
ARCPAD and walking down the center of
the disposition and another FPAC winner of the contest that got me working here
and gaining good experience like this, was going to the edge of the disposition
and marking it out with flagging tape. After a few days of just marking way
points and just running the ARCPAD Millar Western brought in a contractor to
help with this project. I showed him how to work the ARCPAD and got geared up
to do some running through the bush and mark some trees! Aside from just going
down the disposition of the road we also marked out cutblocks to be harvested
and allow space for all the lumber to go that is being taken away from either
side of the disposition. This was a fun task that allowed me to bring out my
compass again to retain a straight line though the bush. We also had a string
box to measure out how far we walk so we can always have perfectly square
cutblocks. I am currently at the 21KM mark on the road and need to reach the
23KM on both sides and need to place 2 or 3 more cutblocks between the KM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment