So much
has gone on recently! I have been given big projects to make center lines on
old and new roads; a center line tells you where the center of a road is so
when making a road and is used as a blueprint where future roads or changes can
be made. After I received this project I quickly came to the realization that
the road I was making the center line for was inaccessible for any type of vehicle
and I spent two days getting stuck and covered with mud and soaked past my
shoulders, I can’t complain though I did have a lot of fun going through the
mud and water. My current project now going through all the roads doing culvert
inspections, the maps I was working on earlier last month were preparation for
this massive project. In a culvert inspection you look for under sized culverts
and if there is erosion on the site you need to make lots of notes and come
back later to put up silt fences to slow down the erosion from getting to the
water and try to help out and vegetation that could hold together the
landscape. Also during this inspection
you are making sure that there are no problems that could affect fish that
could be going through the water course. I’m really enjoying this project so
far and it’s something I’m almost taking full responsibilities for. So with this
blog post I included a link to a survey about my blog and if you can take a few
minutes out of your day to go through the survey it will be appreciate. I’m hoping
after a people complete my survey I will get a better understanding what people
want to hear about and see in my blogs. Also during this week I will start to
attach photos I have been caching to different post like some of the culverts I
have been working on and different adventures I have been up to on my days off!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QZ6V8Z9
this is some sediment fences and coco mats I installed and planed out

No comments:
Post a Comment